What is Your Teeth Whitening Process Like?
You’ve done everything you can think of to whiten your teeth: brushing, flossing, and indulging in countless drugstore whitening products, but that shiny new smile you can’t wait to see just isn’t showing up! When you need real, professional grade whitening to take your smile from dull to divine, Dr. Blair’s teeth whitening service is convenient, effective, and ready to transform your smile immediately–so you can stop rifling through disappointing drugstore products and start taking more selfies with your friends!
We’re All Guilty of Stained Teeth
Whether you are an avid coffee drinker or were exposed to staining medications, tooth discoloration is common and easy to treat with professional dental care. Even patients who have neglected to care for their teeth before seeing the dentist can revolutionize their smile and bring it back to its healthy look after just one appointment. If your teeth seem stained, yellowish, or grey, one of our friendly staff members will be eager to help you reach the kind of smile you’ve always wanted.
5 Ways Teeth Lose Their Color
Which One Is Your Habit?
- Staining Foods and Drinks: Intense color pigments called chromogens can be found in everything from our favorite teas, coffees, and red wines, to delicious pasta sauces and spices. These staining pigments fix themselves to the teeth’s enamel, dulling or even yellowing their appearance.
- Smoking: Avoiding or reducing smoking can play a huge role in preventing teeth discoloration. When teeth are exposed to tar and nicotine, staining can result in grey, dark, and even yellowish teeth.
- Aging: Every birthday gives us another reason to smile, but sometimes that smile dulls. As we get older the outer layer of our teeth called the the enamel thins and more of the yellowish dentin below the enamel starts to show through.
- Dental Trauma: When we experience an accident that injures our mouth or teeth, our teeth respond quickly in attempt to save themselves. By producing more dentin inside the tooth, below the enamel, they also cause the tooth to look more dark or yellow.
- Medications: Tooth discoloration can occur when taking certain medications like high blood pressure medications and antibiotics, and might be permanent depending on the type of medication. Even taking certain medications at a young age can impact adult teeth later in life.
Our Whitening Process
Your brand new, runway ready smile is in your control with our custom made teeth-whitening trays! At your appointment, we’ll form an impression of your teeth to serve as a mold for your custom-made whitening trays. At home, you’ll be able to easily apply professional grade whitening gel to the tray and place it comfortably in your mouth, where whitening can begin!
After the Procedure
After whitening with this gel once daily for a prescribed amount of time (typically one hour at a time for two weeks), you’ll get to enjoy the type of results your drugstore whitening products only wished they could deliver! If you want to conveniently whiten your teeth with results that last, call our office to arrange your simple teeth whitening appointment.
Connecting patients with all of their available options
“Your best care begins with compassion and understanding.”
Whether you’re calling to set your six month appointment or haven’t seen a dentist in awhile, we’ll help you feel comfortable and safe when it’s time to see the dentist. Our conservative approach means we will work with you to find a treatment that gives you your best sense of health now and helps preserve and maintain your healthy teeth for years to come.